AUTOPAC Systems has launched its range of 'Detectamet' metal detectable plastic safety knives.
Knives that have inner open spaces often breed bacteria and open blades will cause contamination if they draw blood. The majority of knives have carbon steel blades, which rust and are removable, meaning they may drop into the product or packaging.
The Detectamet overcomes all these problems with a range that offers a choice of food approved, metal detectable plastic knives with stainless steel blades - meaning the risk of contamination is extremely low at all times.
Features of the Detectamet Penguin 400 and Detectamet Fish 600 safety knives include:
* Stainless steel blades and metal detectable plastic in dark blue
* Available with or without hook
* Completely sealed against bacteria
* Hygienic, moulded-in stainless steel blades
* Pointed nose for piercing
* Suitable for plastic bags, string, stretch wrap and bubble wrap.
Features of the Detectamet cardboard cutter include:
* Directly targeted at the most conventional uses for knives - cardboard boxes
* Before the introduction of the Detectamet Cardboard Cutter, an open blade was needed to cut heavier cardboard - now a hook and blade system punctures the box to prevent damage to goods inside
* Blade will not break out of casing under stress
* Grip when wet
* Security button with key, preventing blade change by employees.