Cognex have added the Checker 4G Series to their award winning line of vision sensors. Available from Automation Systems and Controls , the new Checker 4G vision sensor offers Ethernet networking for remote setup and monitoring, PLC communication through Ethernet/IP and PROFINET and the ability to save inspection images to an FTP server.
Checker 4G allows the user to configure the sensor as a presence sensor or measurement sensor to inspect and error proof the manufacturing process. Presence sensors verify that features are present. Measurement sensors verify that features are the correct height, width and/or diameter.
With patented part detection technology Checker sensors are also able to detect and inspect over 6,000 parts per minute in varying positions along the production line. The new Checker 4G Series complements the existing Checker 3G Series, which features simple USB connectivity and no PC setup with the SensorView teach pendant.
The Checker 4G Series is available in both high speed and high resolution models. A full list of features includes:
- Integrated lighting, optics and I/O in an Industrial IP67 housing
- Remote setup and display through your PC
- Patented part detection technology
- Image storage to FTP server
- Logic for custom outputs
- Up to 32 job changes
- Up to 4 discrete outputs
- Encoder based part tracking
- Coloured lens filters
- Inspects multiple part features for presence or correct dimension
- Ethernet/IP industrial protocol with RSLogix5000 Add-On-Profile
- Profinet industrial protocol