The Siemens frequency inverters feature a sophisticated vector control system that ensures a uniformly high drive quality, even when sudden load changes occur.
Fast response inputs and positioning deceleration ramps allow movement to target positions even without an encoder. The integrated brake chopper allows the frequency inverter to work with precision, even during braking and short deceleration ramps. All this is possible within a power range starting at 0.12 kW (0.16 HP) and going up to 250 kW (300 HP).
MICROMASTER 440 frequency inverters can be utilised in numerous areas including material handling systems, elevators, the textile industry, hoisting gear, mechanical engineering, hoisting gear and the food, beverage and tobacco industries.
The MICROMASTER 440 features a compact housing is easy to install and is available with and without an integrated EMC filter.
Further features of the MICROMASTER frequency inverters:
- Sophisticated vector control (speed/torque)
- Versatile inputs and outputs
- Guided commissioning
- High overload capacity
- Evaluation of motor pulse encoders (optional) for maximum control of torque at the lowest speeds (even at zero speed)
- Modular system of extension options
- Can be dimensioned for CT (constant torque) or VT (quadratic, i. e. variable torque)
- Load torque monitoring
- 3 selectable drive data to adapt the inverter to different operating circumstances
- Kinetic buffering against voltage dips
- Compound braking for controlled rapid braking
- Integrated brake chopper for power outputs up to 90 kW (125 HP)
- Free function blocks
- 4 skip frequencies minimize machine stress when resonance occurs
- Automatic restart
- Minimal stress on motor when inverter connected to rotating motor
- Evaluation of motor temperature for integrated motor protection
- Prepared for use in IT networks