The innovative ORing IDS-5042 from Automation Sales is a four port RS232/422/485 to 2 ports LAN redundant device server. To ensure the security and agility of critical data, the IDS-5042 offers numerous powerful features for HW & SW redundant functions.
When the connection between master-link and LAN fails, the IDS-5042 device server can switch automatically to another LAN port within 10mS while guarantying a non-stop connection. The IDS-5042 also supports switch mode whereby users can use Daisy Chain to reduce the usage of Ethernet switch ports.
To avoid Ethernet break or host PCs failure the IDS-5042 can simultaneously transfer data into 5 host PCs. This feature ensures all critical data is saved in a different host PC.
The IDS-5042 device server also provides dual redundant power inputs on DC power jack and terminal block and an NAT pass through function so that users are able to manage IDS-5042 inside or outside the NAT router.
IDS-5042 is an ideal solution for use with communication redundant solutions for application of serial devices.
Highlights of the IDS-5042 device server:
- Redundant dual Ethernet ports: recovery time < 10ms
- Switch Mode Supported: Daisy Chain support to reduce usage of switch ports
- NAT-pass through: User can manage IDS-5042 through NAT router
- Redundant Power Inputs: 12~48VDC on terminal block
- Redundant multiple host devices: 5 simultaneous in Virtual COM, TCP Server, TCP Client mode, UDP
- Secured Management by HTTPS and SSH
- Versatile Modes: Virtual Com, Serial Tunnel, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP
- Event Warning by Syslog, Email, SNMP trap, and Beeper
- Various Windows O.S. supported: Windows NT/2000/XP/ 2003/VISTA 32-bit
- Dual redundant Ethernet port support redundant mode (Recovery time < 10ms)
- Ethernet switch mode enable Daisy Chain
- Redundant 5 multiple host devices supported to protect your industrial network
- Versatile modes & event alarm by e-mail
- HTTPs & SSH protocol supported for secured management
- NAT router pass through
- IP table to prevent access from unauthorized IP address
- Configurable by Web-based and Windows utility (DS-Tool)
- 1KV isolation for PoE PD port of IDS-5042+
- Dual redundant DC power inputs of terminal block
- Rigid IP-30 housing design
- DIN-Rail and panel mounting enabled