The new modular Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers, available from Automation Sales are ideal for simple but highly precise automation tasks.
The optimised performance of the Siemens SIMATIC HMI basic panels, designed for seamless compatibility with the new controller and the powerfully integrated engineering system, ensures simplified development, fast start-up, precise monitoring and high levels of usability.
Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers offer an unprecedented level of efficiency for small automation systems with their innovative features.
The SIMATIC S7-1200 system comes in three different models, CPU 1211C, CPU 1212C and CPU 1214C that may each be expanded to exactly fit specific machine requirements.
One signal board can be added inside the front of any CPU to easily expand the digital or analogue I/Os without affecting the physical size of the controller. Signal modules can be connected to the right side of the CPU to further expand the digital or analogue I/O capacity.
CPU 1212C accepts two and CPU 1214C accepts eight signal modules. All SIMATIC S7-1200 CPUs can be equipped with up to three communication modules on the left side of the controller for performing point-to-point serial communication.
Key Features of the Controller
- Modular and compact construction with versatile functions
- Powerful performance for a full range of applications
- Scalable and flexible design
- Communication interface fulfils high standards of industrial communication
- Full range of powerful integrated technology functions
- Complete and comprehensive automation solution
Key Features of the Panels
- Opens up new possibilities for creative automation solutions
- Incorporates high-contrast graphical displays with touch and tactile function keys
- Simple networking and seamless communication
Key Features of the Software
Siemens’ highly integrated engineering system, SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic, which includes SIMATIC WinCC Basic is task-oriented as well as intelligent and provides intuitive easy-to use editors for the efficient configuration of the SIMATIC S7-1200 and SIMATIC HMI basic panels.
In addition to programming, it is the common engineering framework for hardware and network configuration as well as diagnostics.
The functionality provided by this engineering system is the key ingredient that makes the interplay between the controller and HMI very powerful.