Polyurethane foam (PUR), available from Australian Urethane Systems Pty Ltd , is a closed cell rigid foam. Available in a density range from 35kg/m3 to 200kg/m3, all Polyurethane foam contains a special flame-retardant additive.
Polyurethane foam is most commonly used for high insulation specifications (eg freezers) and in marine buoyancy. Australian Urethane Systems have modern fast wire cutting equipment and custom sized sheets or other shapes can be cut according to customer specifications.
Features of Polyurethane foam includes:
- Buoyancy properties
- Can be used over a wide range of service temperatures
- Flame retardant additive
- Good compressive strength
- High insulation properties
- Provides no nutrition for pests
- Resistant to chemicals and solvents
- Resistant to rot
- Building and construction
- Carving for fiberglass moulds
- General insulation
- Marine buoyancy