The Steel Industry Economic Briefing 2011 tour kicked off today in Victoria and was well attended by many steel fabricators, distributors and manufacturers.
Bookings for the Brisbane briefing on November 16th are now closed, with places still available for the Sydney steel briefing in Parramatta on November 23rd. Visit the ASI website to register.
The briefings have been organised by the Australian Steel Institute (ASI) and feature informative presentations from Mark Stephens, General Manager of Corporate Projects at OneSteel, and from the Bank of Melbourne Corporate & Business Bank.
A light breakfast is served at these 2 ½ hour morning briefings, that are a must for those interested in preparing themselves for the future by keeping on top of essential facts, figures and forecasts that affect the Australian steel industry.
The steel economic briefings cover a variety of current and relevant topics, including:
- The global economy
- Economies of US, Europe and Asia
- Main developing countries of China and India
- An analysis of the impact of foreign economies upon Australia
- Overview of Australia’s macro economic and steel consuming sectors
- Current and future state of the Australian steel industry