Australian Security Technology announces the release of KeyWatcher systems with biometric entry devices from PeopleKey.
KeyWatcher systems from Morse Watchmans, exclusively marketed in Australasia by Australian Security Technology are modular, scalable and integrated key control and management solutions designed for interoperability with access control systems. The world-leading KeyWatcher key management systems are now integrated with proven biometric technology from PeopleKey to create a formidable security combination.
Designed and manufactured in Australia, PeopleKey’s finger scanners have found excellent acceptance in the market. PeopleKey’s finger scanner/ fingerprint reader range uses integrated software from different industry partners, as well as the company’s proprietary software solutions.
Australian Security Technology Pty Ltd (ASTPL) managing director, Jason Leach explains that the combination of biometric security with the functionality of asset management provides users with an effective tool for security tasks such as access control, key management and asset management among others.
According to Frank Bruce, managing director of PeopleKey, the use of PeopleKey biometric finger scanner adds to KeyWatcher’s flexibility by preventing buddy swapping or observed PIN entry.
Key features of KeyWatcher key management systems:
- Allows the user complete control to each unit holding the keys
- Unit can be supplied with components such as card slots and lockers to hold small assets that need to be secured
- Advanced communications capability keeps the user informed about who removes a key and when
- Modular design allows the user to configure a system to specific requirements, with the flexibility to change modules where and when needed
- Has the ability to expand and hold up to 2000 keys
- Can be retrofitted to work with the user’s current access systems, as well as facility management and other high end security systems