Drainage pumps supplied by Australian Pump Industries are being used to clear waterlogged mines in Queensland, Victoria and some parts of WA.
Australian Pump Industries is fast-tracking orders on the Japanese Tsurumi submersible pumps. Tsurumi offer a wide range of slurry agitator sand pumps, slimline deep well dewatering pumps, standard heavy duty pumps as well as super robust 3-phase semi vortex and opening impeller with flows of up to 150,000 litres per minute.
Australian Pump Industries relaunched Tsurumi pumps in Australia last year with a particular focus on the mining market.
According to Aussie Pump Product Manager Craig Bridgement, Tsurumi was chosen because of their tremendous quality reputation, huge product range and total after market package. Besides, the product was already well known in Australia and used by Australia’s leading miners and contractors.
The Tsurumi product range also includes 316 stainless steel submersible pumps and explosion-proof pumps for underground coal mines.
To meet the flood crisis, Australian Pump has fast tracked a million dollars’ worth of heavy duty construction-style dewatering pumps including deepwell slimline pumps with flows of up to 5,000 litres per minute and heads as high as 90 metres.
Bridgement is in constant dialogue with the factory in Kyoto to get more priority for Australia’s urgent needs. He adds that Tsurumi is working overtime to make available hundreds of pumps in record time.
Pump hirers also prefer Tsurumi pumps because of their unique design and 3-year extended warranty. Tsurumi dominates the hire and construction dewatering pumps business in the USA with a strong presence in Europe.
Key features of Tsurumi pumps:
- Pioneering double-sided mechanical seal concept and patented oil lifter that ensures mechanical seals are lubricated and cooled even if oil level is low
- Thermal protection and anti-wicking cable entry feature
- Anti-wicking feature ensures absolute watertight cable entry to the motor, preventing water ingress even if the cable is damaged
- Slimline in design to enable installation in confined spaces
- Rugged reliability
- Integrated motor cooling
- Ability to pass solids in suspension in one unique pumping system