Supplied by Aussie Pumps distributor AC Hargreaves in Brisbane, the 10 big Tsurumi LH pumps are involved in dewatering the tunnel.
Legacy Way is Brisbane City Council’s 4.6km twin-bore road tunnel connecting Brisbane’s Western Freeway with the Inner City Bypass. Designed and constructed by Transcity, the $1.5b project needed reliable dewatering pumps to maintain the tunnel’s construction schedule. Transcity chose the 6’’ 22kW and 75kW LH pumps for dewatering the tunnel. The big 75kW pumps have a capacity of 2,450 lpm and a maximum head of 132 metres.
Tsurumi’s LH series three-phase pumps are heavy duty cast iron pumps known for their reliability and powerful capability, and specifically designed for construction, mining and building sites. Aussie Pumps Product Manager Craig Bridgement comments that the LH series is loaded with features designed for long life and low maintenance costs.
Key features of Tsurumi’s LH series dewatering pumps:
- Capacity of 2,400 lpm to 6,500 lpm
- Vertical head of up to 177 metres
- Motor sizes range from 22 kW to 110 kW
- Motors feature inbuilt thermal protection that cuts power on over current or extended dry running
- Thermal coupling resets on cooling with the pump restarting automatically
- Features double silicon carbide seal where both seal surfaces are submerged in oil, well away from the pumped liquid
- Anti-wicking cable entry prevents water from being drawn into the motor, eliminating potential failure points
- Slimline design allows easy fitting into bore holes
- Centre mounted discharge flange provides balance for easy lifting