The Aussie Fire Chief from Australian Pump Industries is a simple robust high performance engine drive self priming pump. The Bureau of Meteorology has indicated an El Nino weather event is likely this bush fire season. That means hotter and drier conditions with increased risk of fires for urban and country communities.
“Both domestic and farm buildings need two vital ingredients to effectively prepare for oncoming bushfires” said Aussie Pumps’ John Whiteley. “They need a ready source of water and an effective fire fighting pump like the Aussie Fire Chief” he said. “Many consumers purchase a pump based on the horsepower of the engine without any understanding of the actual pump’s capability” he said. Australian Pump claim the Aussie Fire Chief delivers more water at high pressure making it ideal for bush fire protection duties.
Features of the engine drive self priming pump include:
- The engine drive self priming pump features a 450 lpm maximum flow and offers delivery heads in the standard single impeller version of up to 75 metres
- The engine drive self priming pump primes fast offering a record 7.6 metres vertical suction lift
- With a unique 5 year pump end warranty, the self priming pump is built without design or engineering compromise. It uses more material and by virtue of its size, big belly body and huge impeller. That allows more water through the pump, providing excellent flow/pressure characteristics
- The heart of the pump is a 7” one piece closed style impeller, superbly balanced for maximum performance
- The impeller on the pump is matched with a heavy duty volute that produces outstanding hydraulic characteristics
- The self priming pump also features a 2” suction flange as standard equipment, which can be removed for easy servicing of the check valve
- The self priming pump includes steel skids with anti vibration mounts that provide a secure base for the pump to operate from, and a conveniently located carry handle for ease of movement
- The Fire Chief can be powered with either petrol or diesel drive. The standard petrol engine is a 5.5 hp genuine Japanese built Honda engine with low oil protection. Other Honda engine versions are available in up to 13 hp for extra performance and engine longevity
- In diesel engines the product is available with both Yanmar and Kubota diesel drives