The new 2” Aussie GMP semi trash pumps are manufactured from cast 316 stainless steel and built to ISO9001 quality standards. The stainless effluent pumps will self prime from six metres and their above ground installation offers real advantages over submersible pumps.
When a submersible pump or long column sump pump shuts down, solids within the column of water above the pump sink into the pump chamber resulting in the stalling of the pump with the electric drive system burning out simultaneously.
Line shaft pumps are also difficult to service since the pump needs to be removed from the pit for any serious maintenance, a task that is not only unhygienic but can be dangerous too.
The 316 grade stainless steel effluent pumps from Australian Pump Industries offer several advantages over conventional pump solutions in the market for handling livestock waste.
Key features of the new Aussie 2” B2KQA ST/X motor pumps:
- Flows of up to 490 litres per minute and heads to 17 metres
- Also available in 3” and 4” sizes with flows up to 2,600 litres per minute
- Semi trash design allows the passing of solids up to 17mm in suspension through a big open, non clog style impeller
- Easily removable stainless steel plate cover is fitted to the front of the pump for ease of serviceability
- Enables access to the impeller chamber for clean out without disconnecting pipe work
- Minor services such as de-clogging or impeller inspection can be carried out quickly without having to pull the pump out off the pit
- 316 grade stainless steel construction allows handling of corrosive and abrasive slurries found in piggeries and dairies
- Close coupled electric motor drive, also available in bare shaft and hydraulic drive versions
- Diesel or petrol drive pumps can be easily configured for effluent pump-out where electric power is limited or not available