The Aussie QP40T Mine Boss is a new range of 4” trash pumps designed to move contaminated rain and groundwater from Australian mines and quarries. The Yanmar-powered pump comes complete with safety options that set a new standard in ‘mine spec’ pump equipment.
Designed to handle a high percentage of solids in suspension, the Aussie QP40T Mine Boss trash pumps incorporate a big, open ‘non-clog’ style impeller made from high SG grade cast iron to allow spherical solids up to 1” in size to pass through.
The big 4” pump self primes up to 7.6m and is fitted with a front clean-out port that enables the operator to clean the pump of debris within a matter of minutes. The Aussie QP40T Mine Boss offers a major advantage over conventional self priming pumps by allowing the clean-out port to be opened without disconnecting suction or delivery pipe work.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Product Manager Brad Farrugia, the beefed up frame and safety features have made these pumps favourites with their industrial pump dealers. He adds that many mines and even construction companies insist on Aussie Mine Boss pumps for solids handling applications.
The Yanmar diesel drive was chosen for the pump because of its excellent torque and fuel efficiency as well as its ability to hold engine speed under load.
Key features of Aussie QP40T Mine Boss trash pumps:
- Non-clog style impeller allows spherical solids up to 1” in size to pass through
- Silicon carbide mechanical seal for abrasion resistance supplied as standard
- Self primes up to 7.6m
- Emergency stop, battery isolator, frame mounted fire extinguisher and optional bunding tray
- Rugged 38mm full galvanised roll frame
- Integrated balanced lifting bar
- Maximum head of 24m and flows up to 1,800 lpm
- 5-year pump end warranty