Australian Pump Industries offers a comprehensive range of high pressure pumps capable of producing flows of up to 1000 litres per minute.
The Australian broadacre harvest season is a time for potential fires breaking out from a dangerous combination of combustible materials, heat, low humidity and gale force winds. In addition to major crop damage with consequent financial losses, harvest fires can also destroy expensive harvesting equipment and machinery.
The majority of harvester fires originate from the engine base. The build-up of flammable materials can generate spontaneous combustion while exhaust sparks are another major cause, frequently resulting in loss of the combine.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Brad Farrugia, the key to avoiding harvester fires is diligence in clean down and inspection. The company also advises postponing harvesting during high risk periods.
Aussie Pumps works with farmers to develop fire pumps capable of providing real protection. The company has developed a full and comprehensive range of high pressure pumps, offering bigger, more effective capability, often at a fraction of the cost of imported and more sophisticated firefighting gear.
Josh Kingston of Griffith ensures that his Aussie pump is always ready since it is important to put out sparks or fires as quickly as possible.
Fire pumps from Aussie Pumps include twin impeller pumps for regular farms and big 3” high pressure pumps for larger properties.
Key features of Aussie Mr T 2”x2” twin impeller pumps:
- Genuine Honda 9hp or 13hp petrol engine
- Pump is matched with the engine’s capability to maximise performance
- Diesel drives provided with a Yanmar 10hp electric start air cooled diesel engine
- Huge 95-metre head, delivering a maximum flow up to 480 litres per minute
- Available in 2” or 3” configuration
- Can draw water from creeks and dams with superior vertical suction lift of 7.6m
- Sturdy galvanised roll frame with anti-vibration mounts supplied as standard on all configurations
- High pressure pumps developed for larger properties
- 3” pump delivers flows of up to 1,000 litres per minute
- Self priming pumps ensure state of constant readiness for any fire eventuality
- Ability to draw water from vertical depths as low as 8.4m
- Maximum head is 70m at over 100psi
- Ideally suited for water cannons or 3” hoses with professional firefighting nozzle equipment