A new range of heavy duty water carts introduced by leading mobile tanker manufacturer, Furphy Engineering features Fire Chief fire pumps from Australian Pump Industries .
The Aussie Fire Chief is considered one of the leading lightweight portable high pressure fire pumps in the world. Furphy chose the fire pump model as its features met their engineering standards.
Furphy’s new heavy duty fully galvanised trailer mount water carts are designed for a wide range of applications including fire fighting, machinery wash down and water transfer.
Aussie Pumps Product Manager Brad Farrugia comments that the Fire Chief is a great match for Furphy’s heavy duty trailer mounted water cart because of its robust design and high performance to suit tough conditions.
Key features of Aussie Fire Chief portable fire pumps:
- Huge 7½” diameter, one piece impeller
- Big impeller is superbly balanced and matched to the purpose built volute to provide maximum efficiency
- Handles flows of up to 550 lpm and pressures of over 100 psi
- Huge flanged 2” suction port gets more water into the pump
- Big belly body holds plenty of water and ensures fast priming
- Sucks water through a vertical lift of 7.6 metres
- Honda 5.5 HP petrol engine as standard with 3-year warranty
- Optional Yanmar or Kubota diesel engines
- Unique 5-year warranty
A galvanised steel platform is built into the back of the trailer to enable fire-fighting personnel to operate from the trailer while the machine is being towed.
Although the primary application for the kit is fire fighting, the machine makes a very effective washdown unit for earthmoving machinery and is also used by farmers on farm jobs such as topping up stock water troughs, or watering trees and shrubs.