Australian Pump Industries offers a range of lightweight submersible single phase pumps designed for general dewatering projects in building and construction.
The LB series of portable submersible pumps is manufactured by Tsurumi Pump at their Kyoto plant, Japan, which has a production capacity of one million units per year.
Tsurumi’s LB series of submersible dewatering pumps was specifically designed for draining building and civil engineering sites.
The LB-480, weighing in at only 10 kilos produces flows of up to 200 litres per minute with maximum lift or vertical head of 10.5 metres. The pump is powered by a single phase 0.48kW, capacitor start electric motor and comes with 5 metres of heavy duty submersible cable.
Aussie Pumps’ Craig Bridgement says the LB series of submersible dewatering pumps is loaded with features designed for durable performance and low maintenance requirements. Many of these features are unique to Tsurumi and contribute to their no-compromise design philosophy by offering low maintenance cost benefits.
Key features of LB-480 submersible dewatering pumps
- Dry type squirrel cage induction motor housed in a watertight casing
- Motor conforms to class E insulation
- Pump can be used in ambient temperatures of up to 40°C
- In-built thermal motor protection device reacts to the heat generated by over current or dry run conditions by cutting off the motor circuit and resetting automatically
- Semi vortex design impeller featuring a ‘high-gap structure’ minimises impeller lock
- Motor is protected by a dual mechanical seal located in the oil chamber
- Seal eliminates spring failure caused by corrosion, abrasion or fowling, which can prevent the seal faces from closing properly
- Seal prevents the loss of cooling to the bottom seal faces during dry run conditions
- Oil chamber separates the two seals, providing long life and uncompromising motor protection
- An Oil Lifter developed exclusively by Tsurumi acts as a lubricating device for the mechanical seal:
- Utilises the centrifugal force of the shaft seal to forcibly supply lubricating oil to the upper seal faces
- Ensures lubrication and cooling while stabilising the shaft seal
- Extends the length of the inspection and service periods substantially
- Anti-wicking block provided at the cable entry section of the motor chamber to prevent water from travelling into the chamber through capillary action
- Designed for tough applications in the construction industry
- Outer casing is manufactured from powder coated steel, while the bottom casing is made from synthetic rubber
LB series of portable submersible dewatering pumps are available as standard dewatering pumps as well as automatic stop/start versions that feature an electrode style sensor to prevent dry running, save power consumption and extend operating life.