Fire pumps from Australian Pump Industries are being used to fight the unexpected catastrophic fires sweeping Tasmania over the last couple of weeks.
Authorised Aussie Pump distributor in Hobart, Brierley Hose took emergency action, pulling in stocks of Aussie fire pumps and firefighting hose kits by express transport to help unprepared homeowners prevent damage to their property.
Brierley Hose handles the full range of Aussie Pump’s top quality fire and transfer pumps, and considers the range far superior to other brands in terms of performance, lifespan, warranty and pricing.
The most popular Aussie Pump model, the Fire Chief is a purpose-designed portable high pressure firefighting pump featuring a powerful Honda 5.5hp industrial petrol engine in the standard version. The engine is backed by Honda’s 3-year warranty program, and supported by Honda dealers throughout Australia for both in and out of warranty service.
The Chief is particularly suitable for Australian conditions because of its unique pressure to flow characteristics. The pump delivers more water at high head than others, making it a highly effective light portable fire pump.
Key features of Aussie Fire Chief fire pumps:
- 7’’ impeller delivers a whopping 100psi pressure equivalent of 75 metres of vertical head lift without overloading the engine
- Mounted on a heavy duty steel skid with anti-vibration mounts
- Reduced vibration extends pump longevity and provides a stable base for the unit
- Huge big belly body enables more water to be held and allows pump to prime first time
- Top quality mechanical seal with ceramic hardened face and Buna Nitrile elastomers eliminates leaks or lack of prime
- 2” flanged suction port gets more water into the pump, dramatically aiding water flow and ensuring fast priming
- Higher pressure twin impeller versions also available with Honda 9hp and 13hp petrol engines, or Yanmar 10hp diesel drives
- Unique 5-year warranty