The Aussie Fire Chief firefighting pumps from Australian Pump Industries are a range of self priming pumps designed to deliver water at high pressure and offer effective performance in fighting bush fires.
The Bureau of Meteorology has indicated that the La Nina weather event will hit Australia once again, bringing threats of cyclones, fires and storms. The lack of major bush fires last summer has fire crews on alert amid fears that dry and overgrown vegetation from the wet summer could ignite.
Firefighting authorities around Australia are all stressing the need to take action to reduce fire risks ahead of the potential fire storm. Bushfires can be caused by lightning strikes, sparks from farm machinery or even fallen power lines. Properties can be protected with proper preparation to make them ‘fire-ready’.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Brad Farrugia, both domestic and farm buildings need two vital ingredients to effectively prepare for oncoming bushfires: a ready source of water and an effective firefighting pump such as the Aussie Fire Chief.
Farrugia explains that choosing the right pump, which is able to deliver the right flow of water at high pressure to protect the property, is absolutely critical.
For instance, many consumers purchase a pump based on the horsepower of the engine without any understanding of the pump’s actual capability. The Aussie Fire Chief delivers more water at high pressure making it ideal for bush fire protection duties.
Aussie Fire Chief fire fighting pumps have the ability to draught water from creeks, streams or wells, making them very practical in firefighting operations.
Aussie Fire Chief is available in both petrol and diesel engine versions. Government departments and private users are opting for diesel drive fire pumps because of their intrinsic safety advantages. Diesel fuel is less flammable than petrol, making it a lot safer to refuel diesel drive pumps during a fire emergency.
Key features of Aussie Fire Chief firefighting pumps:
- Simple robust high performance engine drive
- Self priming pump in single and twin impeller versions
- 450 lpm maximum flow
- Delivery heads in the standard single impeller version of up to 75 metres or over 100 psi
- Fast priming pump offers 7.6 metres vertical suction lift
- Unique 5-year pump end warranty
- Big belly body and huge impeller allow more water through the pump, providing excellent flow/pressure
- 7” one piece closed style impeller, superbly balanced for maximum performance
- Heavy duty volute produces excellent hydraulic characteristics
- 2” suction flange can be removed for easy servicing of the check valve
- Steel skids with anti vibration mounts provide a secure base
- Conveniently located carry handle for ease of movement
- Powered by petrol or diesel drive engines
- Standard petrol engine is a 5.5 hp genuine Japanese built Honda engine with low oil protection
- Honda engines also available in up to 13 hp for extra performance and engine longevity
- Yanmar and Kubota diesel drives available for diesel engine version