Australian Pump Industries supplied a trailer mounted diesel trash pump to Australian mining giant, Centennial Coal for pond dewatering at their Mannering operation site in Morisset, NSW.
Aussie Pump’s big trailer mounted 6’’ diesel trash pump, the Aussie MQ600TD was employed for the task of dewatering Centennial Coal’s sedimentation ponds to facilitate dam cleaning and maintenance. Centennial Coal specified the pump to be mounted on a heavy duty site trailer for easy deployment and accessibility. The trailer has a jack stand, and lifting bar as standard equipment.
According to Aussie Pumps Area Manager Dean Fountain, contractors like the way the pumps self-prime without an air compressor or vacuum pump. He adds that the pumps are also easy to set up and able to clear a huge amount of water fast.
The 6’’ pump is ideal for this application as its specific design allows it to handle dirty water that may contain solids in suspension.
Key features of Aussie MQ600TD trash pumps:
- Pumps up to 6,000 litres per minute or 360,000 litres per hour
- Self-primes through a vertical lift of 7.6 metres, making it possible to set up the pump well above the dam level
- Powered by a German built 45kW Deutz air cooled four cylinder diesel engine
- Electric start and built-in safety shutdown
- Shutdown kit protects against low oil pressure, high oil temperature, or v-belt failure
- Huge 152-litre fuel tank allows running for at least eight hours each day
- Oil lubricated tungsten titanium carbide mechanical seal designed to handle even abrasive slurry type liquids
- 6’’ suction and discharge ports can be equipped with Camlock or Bauer couplings for quick discharge and suction connection
- Large non clog impeller with open channels
- Handles solids up to 3’’ in diameter
- Easy clean out port in the front casing enables the whole pump chamber to be cleaned out in the event of a blockage
- 90° discharge elbow can be rotated to suit job requirements
- Free 3-year pump end extended warranty