Australian Pump Industries supplied a big 4” lightweight self priming centrifugal salvage pump to the Defence Maritime Services for use on HMAS Mercator Seahorse.
Similar to those used on Pacific Class patrol boats, the salvage pump is part of the Aussie Pump range of marine salvage/ fire pumps.
Model QP402SL-L100 centrifugal marine salvage pumps are high pressure pumps powered by a Yanmar 10 hp electric start air cooled diesel engine.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Chief Engineer, John Hales, these pumps prime first time every time because of the huge tank built into the head of the pump, adding that its huge flow and high pressure gives the pump the ability to literally drown fires at sea.
Key features of the Aussie centrifugal salvage pumps:
- Heavy duty galvanised steel frame for ease of movement on board the vessel
- Exclusive 5-year warranty
- Delivers 1,000 lpm flow
- Maximum high pressure head of 50 metres (75 psi)
- Self priming pumps with the ability to draught water through a vertical lift of 8.4m
- Made from top quality marine grade aluminium
- Unique big vaned closed style impeller makes it suitable for salvage and firefighting applications