Australian Pump Industries presents the Raptor series of 500 bar hydro blasters including a new economy version powered by a 36hp heavy duty vanguard industrial gasoline engine.
Aussie Pumps Chief Engineer John Hales explains that the new economy model of the 500 bar Raptor has been designed to increase the hydro blaster’s affordability and broaden the market for the bigger machines.
The new Raptor Vanguard hydro blasters feature a heavy duty twin cylinder industrial drive engine built by Daihatsu for Briggs and Stratton that provides powerful performance and can tackle tough onsite conditions.
Suitable for steel work, paint preparation and blasting concrete surfaces clean, the Raptor Vanguard can even be used in hydro demolition.
Key features of Raptor Vanguard hydro blasters:
- Offers 16 litres per minute flow
- Incorporates a 500 bar Udor GHC series pump running at 1450 rpm
- Pump features oversized bearings, heavy duty stainless steel pump head with a multi-fit high capacity crankcase for continuous cool running
- Robust galvanised steel frame with big 13-inch off-road style pneumatic tyres with steel wheels
- Handles rough site conditions while maintaining manoeuvrability without the need for cranage
- Equipped with 8000psi rated gun and stainless steel lance fitted with a mid-mounted Tommy gun style grip to minimise operator fatigue
- Heavy duty stainless steel Aussie Turbomaster Turbo lance rated to 500 bar provides the machine with an effective working pressure of up to 12,000psi
- 500 bar rated grit blasting attachment available for wet sandblasting applications in hull cleaning, steel preparation or rust removal
- ASP (Aussie Safety Protection) kit includes heavy duty safety valve and a 500 bar rated unloader, designed for tough onsite conditions
- Big and powerful Vanguard 36hp engine comes with a Donaclone cyclopac style air cleaner for applications where dust is a major hazard