Bastian designed his new water carts to drench a track up to 50 metres wide, significantly reducing the time taken to wet down large areas and saving operating costs.
His new Mercedes-based water carts required a pump that would deliver ample water to feed the three fixed sprayers. Bastian chose a big Aussie QP 4” high pressure pump powered by a Kubota 9.5HP diesel engine.
The 10,000-litre water carts were set up to fulfil earthworks, dust suppression and water transfer duties. The Rapidspray 10,000L poly tanks fit snugly on the Mercedes cabin chassis with the Aussie 4” high pressure pump mounted at the back.
Bastian says that the Aussie high pressure pumps can be controlled from inside the cab, allowing the operator to manage easily. The pump even warns the driver when it’s low on oil.
Even when the Kubota diesel engine operates at half its normal RPMs, the pump can still deliver sufficient water to soak the ground 20m on either side of the cart.
Key features of Aussie Quik-Prime 4” high pressure pumps:
- Superior pressure and flow characteristics
- Draws water from 8.4m depth enabling TWS drivers to load from creeks, dams or streams if necessary
- Fast priming with the pump priming in as little as 15 seconds
- Choice of diesel or petrol drive self priming pumps in addition to hydraulic drive water tanker pumps
- Suitable for tankers with capacity up to 22,000 litres
- Aussie Gold 5-year warranty against faulty workmanship or material
TWS hires the water carts out for dust suppression work on road construction sites and subdivision works.
Australian Pump Industries offers an extensive range of self-priming centrifugal pumps for water cart applications.