The poly pump range from Australian Pump Industries is designed for safe, fast and efficient pumping of liquid fertilisers in farming applications.
Australian farmers are all set for a busy sowing season, but with nitrogen levels in the soil impacted by the recent rains, many growers will be considering improving soil conditions with liquid fertilisers. However, the corrosive nature of liquid fertilisers demands careful handling using the right equipment.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Dean Fountain, key objectives during the development of the poly pumps range included resistance to corrosion, and employing the right elastomers to prevent leaks or negative chemical reactions to the medium being pumped. He adds that Aussie poly pumps are endorsed by Incitec Pivot for use with their Easy N fertiliser.
The poly pumps allow spray contractors to refill fast with a hydraulic drive version also available that can be plugged into the sprayer’s hydraulic system for fast fill ‘on the go’.
Aussie self priming pumps are also fitted with Protek, a unique device sandwiched between the pump and the electric motor to trap the liquid in the event of a seal failure and prevent it from running down the shaft into the electric motor.
Key features of Aussie poly pumps:
- 2” and 3” self priming centrifugal pumps
- Designed for pumping agro chemicals
- Cost effective, efficient and reliable
- Made from a polycarbon material developed in the USA with 30% glass filled polyester for corrosion-free performance
- Incorporates Viton or EPDM elastomers chemically compatible with most liquid fertilisers and stainless steel hardware for low cost and high reliability
- 2” pump handles up to 720 litres per minute
- Big 3” version available in petrol, electric or diesel drive handles up to 1100 litres per minute of flow
- Honda powered pumps offered with a 3-year Honda engine warranty at no extra charge to clients
- Close coupled electric motor drive versions in single phase or 3-phase allow simple installation
- Electric drive poly pumps come with a tough galvanised base for simple installation