Australian Pump Industries has launched an extended range of heavy duty cast 316 stainless steel submersible pumps for use in the mining industry as well as industrial processing markets.
The Tsurumi SFQ range stainless steel submersible pumps are built to handle corrosive water in extreme applications. Tsurumi Pump developed the product range in response to requirements in the US and Japanese markets for reliable pumps for use in mining and petrochemical industries processing aggressive wastewater daily.
The SFQ series of stainless steel pumps features a cast austenitic stainless steel construction with 316 stainless steel wetted parts unlike conventional pumps with pressed stainless steel jackets.
The sheer weight of metal used in the construction of the SFQ stainless steel submersible pumps indicates their superior resistance to corrosion and abrasion in harsh application environments.
According to David Seaman from Australian Pump’s Industrial Division, Tsurumi manufactures these pumps in stainless steel for specific usage in corrosive and abrasive conditions.
Key features of Tsurumi SFQ series stainless steel submersible pumps:
- Available in capacities of up to 2,000 litres per minute flow and heads as high as 44 metres
- Range includes 50mm (2”) and 80mm (3”) discharge options with three phase two pole motors available up to 11kW
- Superior dual mechanical seal features silicon carbide on both surfaces
- Unique ‘Oil Lifter’ developed to enhance seal performance
- Extended seal life decreases downtime for maintenance with less failure in the field
- No part of the mechanical seal comes into contact with the corrosive liquid being pumped
- Unique anti wicking block in pump cables prevents ingress of water into the motor
- High capacity semi open style impeller passes suspended solids without damage to the pump
- Impeller and suction cover made from corrosion resistant, durable cast 316 stainless steel
- Freestanding design as standard with an auto-coupling guide rail system available