The humble swimming pool can be a very effective fire protection resource at thousands of country homes and rural properties located in high hazard bush fire areas.
The record levels of undergrowth combined with a few days of 40-degree temperatures can turn the bushland into a tinder box ready to ignite. Fire authorities have already warned that the fire risk for this season means that their resources will be stretched to the utmost.
Fire authorities have provided excellent information on emergency preparation and property protection by home or property owners through an upgraded level of self reliance.
The keystone of that self reliance is using locally available water resources such as swimming pools, dams, wells and other sources for basic fire protection procedures.
The family swimming pool is the ideal fire-fighting resource. Since it is normally located close to the house, it is easy to fill up the gutters or damp down walls, roofs and any other surface that is potentially combustible.
Teaming the swimming pool with a reliable fire pump and hose kit as recommended by the authorities can help save homes and lives.
The Aussie Fire Chief from Australian Pump Industries is one of the best lightweight high pressure fire pumps available in the market with features and performance that offer superior protection. The powerful flow and high pressure gives the Aussie Fire Chief the ability to drown spot fires or damp down houses and outbuildings fast.
Key features of Aussie Fire Chief
- 100 psi pressure performance
- Ability to pump up to 500 litres per minute
- Fitted with a Japanese-built Honda 5.5 HP industrial gasoline engine
- Drive options include Yanmar diesel and 6 HP Vanguard petrol engine for increased performance
- Capable of pumping water easily from swimming pools with the ability to suck from depths of up to 7.6 metres
- Fast priming capabilities
- Precision ceramic-style mechanical seal and heavy duty balance matched impeller weighing up to 2.5 times more than industry standard
- Impeller features heavy duty one-piece aluminium construction
Aussie Pumps’ Product Manager Brad Farrugia says that fire-fighting authorities understand the importance of speed in fighting fires and getting the water onto the property fast is very important.
Farrugia adds that the Fire Chief provides more performance than its competitors since it is a bigger pump and the extra metal matched with its superb hydraulic design, provides great flow pressure combinations.
The Aussie Fire Chief is on display at Aussie Gold dealers around the country.