The Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management Incorporated
(AITPM) represent those who work or are involved in the traffic and transport planning and management industry. The organisation is an integrated activity involving:
- traffic and management operations
- economics and social science
- road safety
- sustainable transport
- traffic engineering
- land use planning
The Institute currently has over 550 members and corporate members across Australia and New Zealand. The AITPM has branches QLD, NSW, VIC, SA and WA.
Its mission is to grow traffic skills and knowledge to deliver sustainable transport systems.
Key objectives of the AITPM:
- advance traffic and management
- increase knowledge of its members by encouraging free discussion, exchange of ideas and research
- provide a central point of reference for individuals in the industry
- growing traffic skills
- promoting technical standards
The Institute will be holding its annual National Conference in Sydney on 10 - 12 October 2012. The conference is the peak event on the AITPM calendar that provides its Gold Sponsors with Prime Sponsorship Status and National Sponsors with joint major co-sponsor status.