The Australian Institute of Packaging is pleased to announce that registrations for the Queensland Supply Chain and Logistics Conference program are now open for what will be its 12th consecutive conference year.
With over 300 delegates anticipated to attend, and a theme of ‘Solving the Supply Chain Puzzle’, the Queensland Supply Chain and Logistics Conference is ideally suited to Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport and Procurement professionals and practitioners. It is a uniquely-styled educational event, designed for both professional and personal development in a relaxed environment.
To be held at hte Sofitel Hotel, Brisbane, on Thursday the 1st and Friday the 2nd of September, the 12th annual Queensland Supply Chain and Logistics Conference will have a comprehensive and dynamic program that includes presentations from highly distinguished Australian speakers, including:
- Kim Garner, Managing Director of FedEx Australasia
- Dave Stewart, Director-General of the Department of Main Roads
- Mike Tshaikiwsky, Executive Manager for Plant Engineering and Procurement at AUSGRID
- Christine Ogden, Merchandising Planning and Operations Manager, Super Retail Group
- Craig Coleman, Chief Executive Officer, Professional Service Solutions
- David Simon, Chairman of the Australian Trucking Association
- Philip Nahrung, Principal Sourcing Analyst Strategic Procurement Office, Brisbane City Council; and
- George Wigan, Director of Procurement, Luxottica.
This years nominated charity will be Emergency Management Queensland (EMQ) Helicopter Rescue; the pilots who saved so many lives in Grantham, the Lockyer Valley during the Queensland floods and then during Cyclone Yasi.
The Queensland Supply Chain and Logistics Conference is organised by leading industry associations including the Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia, (SCLAA) the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), QUT School of International Business, CIPS Australia, the Australasian Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) and the South East Queensland Procurement Network Group.
2011 Partners already confirmed include:
- Haymans Electrical Data Supplies
- Corporate Express
- Konica Minolta
- SSI Schaefer
- CNW Electrical & Data Supplies
- Cyberscience Corporation
- Fuji Xerox
- Project Procure
- Scale Components
- Strategix Training Group
- SupplyChain Review
- TOLL Group
- Yusen Logistics
- Open Windows
- Quadrem; and
- Secure Edge Technologies.