The fourth biennial Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) two-day National Technical Forum has once again been a great success, with more than 100 attendees registered for each day and 35 speakers from around the world.
Packing Technologists from a wide range of companies were in attendance and had the opportunity to network with like-minded people in the packaging industry.
Just some of the speakers included:
- Associate Professor Brian Burns from the School of Industrial Design, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Ian Hayes FAIP, Group Packaging Manager, HJ Heinz Australia
- Travis Fuller, Senior Brand Manager, Casella Wines
- Paul Haberland FAIP, Corporate Packaging Specialist, Nestle Oceania
- Bassam Hallak, Global Segment Director-Food; and
- Avery Dennison and Rick Fox, Vice Chairman of the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute in the United States
The AIP National Technical Forum remains a significant event on the packaging calendar every two years, and was supported this year by the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) and Exhibition and Trade Fairs (ETF), Viscount Plastics, Labourforce International, Matthews, Wellman Packaging, Result Packaging, Plastics Packaging Technologies, Kraton Polymers and Cormack Packaging.
Attendees spent a considerable amount of time on the Auspack Plus exhibition floor during the two-days, with some getting waylaid downstairs. The feedback received regarding Auspack Plus was extremely positive and all attendees were impressed with the show floor and exhibitors.