The call for papers is now open for the 2012 AIP National Conference organised by the Australian Institute of Packaging .
Scheduled to be held at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa on Thursday, the 14th and Friday, the 15th of June 2012, the conference will feature presentations from speakers across all facets of the packaging industry.
Featuring a theme of ‘Packaging...The Road Ahead’ the National Conference is a major professional development and networking opportunity for the packaging industry, bringing together leading experts from around the globe to cater for all participants in food, beverage, manufacturing and packaging segments.
The conference will include an extensive array of topical and technical sessions and is open to all AIP members as well as non-members.
Following a number of highly successful topical conferences over the past few years, the 2012 National Conference will cover a broad range of topics relating to packaging, incorporating current trends and future developments, case studies and real-life applications, along with revisiting of some packaging fundamentals.
Some of the topics to be discussed at the conference include sustainability, openability, ease of use and recyclability. The conference will also allow delegates to understand how the basic principles of packaging should not be forgotten when developing new packaging concepts.
Key issues for discussion include:
- Packaging...The Road Ahead
- Smart, active and intelligent packaging
- Packaging from a retailer’s perspective
- Packaging materials and components
- Managing packaging projects
- Understanding and managing packaging costs
- Integration of sustainability into packaging designs
- Health and safety aspects in packaging
- Design for the aging population
- Openability and ease of use
- Shelf friendly and retail ready packaging
- Lifecycle assessment of packaging
- Private labels… what lies ahead
- The future in packaging rationalisation
- How good is the seal?
- Local manufacturer Vs. cheaper imported options
- Graphics Vs. point-of-sale
- Voluntary and mandatory product stewardship schemes
- Impact of plain cigarette packaging legislation
- Nanomaterials at work in packaging
- Doing more with less: technology and design to assist lightweighting
Abstracts of proposed presentations may be submitted for consideration under the theme Packaging... The Road Ahead by Friday the 16th of December 2011.