The Queensland branches of the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) and the SCLAA ran their annual charity golf day recently at Northlakes Golf Course raising $4,500 for charity. The two charities chosen for 2008 were Mercy Ships and Spectrum Employment.
The two associations would like to thank all of the companies who generously sponsored the day including AirRoad, APICS, Crest, Fibre King, Chep, Australian Container Unloading Group, Amcor, Brendale, Loscam, Golf World, Dematic, Hally Labels and for all of the 100 odd budding golfers who came out to support this annual event.
The 2008 Annual Charity Golf Day Winners are as follows:
- Winner (including 19th and Handicap): Spectrum Employment (Team 1)
- Runners Up: Visy Board
- Lowest Actual Score: Majans
- Bradman Award: APICS
- Nearest to the Pin: 5th hole - Peter McGrogan, Big Gee (Spectrum Employment team)
- Nearest to the Pin: 12th hole - Stephen Humpage, (Visy Board team)
- Nearest to the Pin: 16th hole - Greg Smith, Visy Board
- Longest Drive: 18th hole - Terry Sharp, INPACK
- Straightest Drive: 7th hole - Michael Hood, BOC