Richard Smith, MAIP, General Manager of Technical Development, Amcor Flexibles Asia Pacific – ANZ will be the course presenter.
Overview of the course
A complex and dynamic area of packaging, flexible packaging utilises a wide variety of materials and a broad range of processes for manufacturing, producing films and laminates with different properties and applications. Renewable based materials are currently emerging with properties and end of life opportunities quite different from traditional polymers and films.
Objectives of the course
The aim of the course is to give attendees an introduction to flexibles, an ability to understand flexible film applications and to more confidently define or select flexible packaging. Attendees will also gain understanding of new emerging polymers and their potential application in flexible packaging. Finally, attendees will gain precise understanding of compostable and degradable films and how to consider packaging options in terms of what is responsible or sustainable packaging.
- Polymers used in flexible packaging
- Flexible packaging manufacturing processes
- Films and their properties
- Market applications for flexible packaging – structures, properties and pack formats
- Emerging materials for flexible packaging
- Compostable and degradable flexible films
- Sustainable packaging – opportunities for flexible packaging
Packaging technologists, packaging designers and those in a role that might specify flexible packaging can all benefit from the course.