The New South Wales Branch of the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), in conjunction with the Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA), recently ran their inaugural charity golf day at Camden Lakeside Golf Course raising close to $2,000 for the Starlight Foundation. Over 90 people from both the SCL and the packaging industries came out for this great cause.
The two associations would like to once again thank all of the companies who generously sponsored the day including the major sponsors, Australian Container Freight Services and Volkswagen, Cormack Packaging and hole sponsors Cargo Line ALLPORT, Viscount Plastics, Century Yuasa, LabourForce Solutions, Linde Material Handling, Loscam, Manhattan Associates, SSI Schaefer and Wellman Packaging.
The 2009 inaugural charity golf day winners are as follows:
- Winner: Linde Material Handling
- Runners Up: Tacca Plastics
- Third Place: Century Yuasa Batteries Team A
- Bradman Award: Loscam/Strategix
- Nearest to the Pin: 3rd hole – Alan Clark, SSI Schaefer
- Nearest to the Pin: 9th hole – John Jennis , HMPS
- Nearest to the Pin: 14th hole – Dave Cameron, Tacca Plastics
- Nearest to the Pin: 16th hole – John McClelland, ACFS
- Longest Drive: 5th hole – Mark Emmett, HMPS and Chris Moore, Chemtrans