Australian Industry Group is organising an interactive seminar to explain key provisions of the new national Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws that will come into force on 1 January 2012 replacing the current state-based laws.
Businesses will be impacted in different ways by the new workplace safety laws. While some will need to review arrangements for consultation with workers and working with Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), others will need to know how to assist senior managers exercise due diligence in the application of the new workplace health and safety laws.
Overall, it will be about controlling risks, understanding how to prepare businesses for the new laws, and responding to external influences such as unions and WHS Inspectors.
The seminar will cover the following issues:
- Duties and responsibilities of individuals (officers, workers and others)
- Determining what is reasonably practicable and applying the hierarchy of control
- Preparing the CEO to demonstrate due diligence
- Ensuring effective consultation with workers and HSRs
- Preparing and responding to visits from unions and the inspectorate
Date: Thursday 1 December 2011
Venue: The Holroyd Centre, 17 Miller Street, Merrylands NSW 2160
Registration: 8.30am – 9.00am
Seminar: 9.00am - 1.00pm