Expert information on preventing and fighting fire both in the workplace and home will be on hand at the fire safety section of Safety In Action and Melbourne Materials Handling. In the Safety In Action conference organised by Australian Exhibitions & Conferences , fire safety and flash protection will be highlighted by Westex, which will have its INDURA Ultrasoft fire retardant fabrics on show.
The fabrics are designed to protect welders, electricians and other workers exposed to heat and flames. INDURA Ultra Soft range of fabrics is guaranteed fire resistant (FR), for the life of the garment. According to Nigel Parsons, Technical Development Manager, Charles Parsons, INDURA Ultra Soft offers 15% to 20% better protection from flash fire than equivalent 100% cotton fabrics.
INDURA Ultra Soft represents an investment in employee safety and comfort and has been a proven performer in the world market for over 13 years and in Australia for over nine years.
Following are the features of INDURA Ultra Soft range of fabrics:
- Guaranteed fire resistance for the life of the garment
- Protection - on a weight-for-weight basis, the INDURA Ultra Soft blend of 88% cotton/12% high tenacity nylon provides a 15% to 20% better Arc Thermal Protection Value (ATPV) rating than the equivalent weight 100% cotton. The 12% nylon also enhances the protective performance in cases of electric arc and flash fire exposures, minimising the likelihood of severe body burns
- Durability shown by fabrics have been between 75 -100% extended wear life over pure cotton fire resistance garments
- The ultra soft finish technology ensures that each garment is comfortable to wear, straight out of the bag, with no need for pre-washing
- Wash stability, double sanforised to remove as much shrinkage as possible, allowing the garments to hold their size and shape for life
- Oeko-Tex 100 class II certified - certified by the stringent criteria applied by the European
- Oeko-Tex organisation as perfectly safe to wear against the skin, straight out of the bag
INDURA Ultra Soft meets performance requirements of AS4824, AS2919, OSHA 1910.269, ASTM 1506, NFPA 70E, NFPA 2112, NFPA 1977, EN 470, EN 531 and CSGB 155.20.