Membership of the Association is diverse, with over 750 members encompassing small owner-operators to large multinational organisations. 65% of contractor members employ less than four personnel, while 27% employ between five and 50 people. The remaining 8% are large contractors, some employing up to 500 staff.
The Australian Drilling Industry Association defines its mission as "to provide professional and technical leadership in the advancement of the drilling industry."
To this end, the Association states that it is committed to:
- assist, promote, encourage and support the interests and welfare of all facets of the drilling industry;
- advance the professional standing of the Industry though regular dialogue with state and federal agencies, industry bodies and the public at large;
- assist members to increase their skills and knowledge through regular needs-based training courses and seminars;
- disseminate current issues, technical items and industry news to all members on a regular basis;
- develop and promote appropriate standards and practices to all facets of the industry, and liaise with designers and manufacturers to ensure that the most current technologies are appraised and utilised; and
- act as the spokesperson for the membership we represent at conferences, seminars and appropriate forums, both within Australia and overseas.
The Australian Drilling Industry Association annual conference provides exhibitors and suppliers with an opportunity to mingle with customers, with presenters covering topical issues that include both business management and technical subjects.