The Association states that its objectives are to promote:
- the advancement of the Australian die casting industry
- the education and development of people in the industry; and
- co-operation between the Association, the industry and Government.
- regular branch meetings and plant visits
- seminars, workshops and conferences
- publishing of the Die Casting Bulletin magazine
- development and delivery of education programs
- support for research and development programs
As this Association catered exclusively to companies, the Society of Die Casting Engineers of Australia was established in 1965 as an organisation that catered to individuals working within the industry.
By 1993, the decision was made to merge these two organisations to become the Australian Die Casting Association.