ProNav, a leading GPS brand used by professional intercity and cross country long haul drivers throughout Europe and the US, is now the first GPS navigation system specifically designed for truck drivers in Australia, and available through Audion Innovision Australia .
ProNav allows a driver to enter the vehicles’ vital statistics, including weight, axle weight, height, length and width, as well as the load being carried to calculate the best route to ensure drivers are not confronted with roads or obstacles not suitable for the vehicle or goods.
Key features of the GPS system include:
- The easy to use interface of ProNav’s GPS devices, feature a 5" wide touchscreen, Bluetooth hands free calling and an FM transmitter so that you can hear the navigation instructions via your in-dash vehicle radio, which ideal in a truck environment
- The GPS system also includes text to speech, providing clear voice instructions including road names
- These GPS systems also provide an audible and visual warning of fixed safety cameras and provides easy to read icons on the mapping to clearly see which obstacles are being avoided along the truck route
- The ProNav GPS system includes a Navteq map and transport data upgrade in the first year, ensuring that drivers are always up to date and not worrying about changing maps and transport data
- Safety features of the GPS system include; potential hazard warnings; including steep hills, crosswinds, risk of grounding, and sharp bends
- Dynamic navigation on the GPS is based on vehicles dimensions and safety camera alerts