Constant Chlor calcium hypochlorite feeding system available from Arch Chemicals
Arch Chemicals ’ calcium hypochlorite feeders and chemicals are known for their quality and meet the regulatory standards such as the NSF Standards 60 and 61 for drinking water. The New Constant Chlor dry calcium hypochlorite feeding systems are now available in Australia.
With well known brands such as HTH, Arch Chemicals have been providing calcium hypochlorite technologies for the chlorination of water and wastewater (municipal, industrial, food and beverage and irrigation applications) for decades.
The Constant Chlor dry calcium hypochlorite feeding system is capable of providing up to 120kg of available chlorine (AvCl) per day, equalling up to 7000 litres of 1.7% freshly made hypochlorite solution each day.
The feeder uses calcium hypochlorite briquettes and patented spray technology to produce fresh chlorine solution on site. The hypochlorite solution is then injected into the application (water or wastewater) with an appropriate and highly accurate dosing pump.
Other features of the Constant Chlor dry calcium hypochlorite feeding system:
- Large hopper provides a dry chemical capacity of 100kg
- Small, 1.4 m2 footprint
- Optional dilution feature allows for solution concentration adjustments from 0.5 to 1.7% AvCl
- SCADA ready low solution alarm and optional low briquette alarm
- Separate fill cycle switch allows maintenance without service interruption
- Simple installation
- Safer than chlorine gas
- Decomposition issues associated with sodium hypochlorite (liquid chlorine or bleach) are tackled as the calcium hypochlorite solution is made fresh on site
- No need for expensive bulk storage and bunding infrastructure
- No need to dilute the hypochlorite solution to minimise decomposition as it is made fresh at 0.5-1.7%, on site
- Consistent and reliable chlorination as well as stronger solution compared to traditional calcium hypochlorite erosion feeders
- Suitable for small to medium size water/wastewater chlorination applications where safe, reliable, consistent and cost effective chlorination is needed