ASSET Performance Tools (Aptools) software is now available through Sydney based Apt Group . The UK developed Aptools is a flexible software tool that helps asset managers plan optimum maintenance strategies for all types of assets.
The software provides solutions based on fact and scientific calculation rather than subjective judgment. It will optimise the associated costs and risks using incomplete data if necessary, and range-estimates can be used to test data sensitivity.
The software has the versatility to cope with any maintenance task individually or as a 'bundle' of activities. Aptools can be used as stand alone or form a part of your ERP system.
Aptools modules comprise:
* Apt-Lifespan: Determine the life cycle for assets; justifies costs and benefits of alternative design, replacement, refurbishment and maintenance options.
* Apt-Project: Determine the variability of projects; cost/benefit/risk screening and prioritising of proposals, modifications, projects, safety, process or procedure changes.
* Apt-Maintenance: Calculate maintenance intervals, deterioration management, reliability, performance and lifespan.
* Apt-Inspection: Calculate the best inspection, monitoring or test intervals and quantify the economics of risk-based inspection methods.
* Apt-Schedule: Optimise work content planning, shutdown scheduling frequencies, identify cost/risk/performance plus impact and analysis of shuts, repairs and construction.
* Apt-Spares: Data maybe copied and pasted into the data grid user interface from tabular software applied such as Excel, Access or flat text files. Justify min/max levels, re-order jit. Import and validate data from exiting databases, Export date to spreadsheet or other systems. Batch-wise calculator of optimum spares holding levels.
* Apt-Stock: A vital tool for all businesses that hold significant levels of stock. Informed decisions are made on the basis of economic criteria and or customer service levels, cost/risk evaluation of stock items, min/max re-ordering, buffer storage and storage stock pooling.