Ore Sorting is carried out by Applied Sorting Technologies . Ore sorting is a process which upgrades mineral bearing materials at large particle sizes. In general, the sizes range from 150mm to 10mm. Some particularly high value materials justify sorting down to even smaller sizes.
Ore sorting is a process of evaluating the mineral content of individual rocks. The material being sorted passes through the ore sorter and is separated into accept and reject fractions.
Ore sorting is used for these purposes:
- To make low grade ore deposits viable for development
- To recover valuable fractions from waste dumps
- To accelerate cash flow
- To remove nuisance materials, such as talc
- To improve processing plant recoveries and efficiencies
- To reduce the transport and processing costs