Sète Pilot Station (France) has recently awarded a contract to PEGASE Systems for supplying its brand new Orca VTS system.
Orca is a new maritime surveillance system based on web technology and developed by PEGASE Systems after a year of intensive R&D.
The new Orca e-VTS solution is being deployed at the Sète Pilot Station.
Orca surveillance system features a modular design to fit into Sète Pilot’s functional requirements.
Orca VTS web-based maritime surveillance system supports a multi-sensor interface to provide real-time information for ship traffic and surveillance requirements. Sensors supported by the system include AIS, radar and environmental sensors.
Orca uses very low bandwidth and its Internet connectivity infrastructure allows operational real-time remote piloting.
A user-friendly and ergonomic GUI with clear display is provided for easy operation and is based on international standards.
Key features of Orca maritime surveillance system:
- Web-based surveillance system
- Low bandwidth consumption
- Multi-criteria Guard Zone sends warning text messages in hazardous situations
- Multi-operator web architecture enables information sharing (e-navigation)
- Ergonomic graphical user interface based on international standards
- User-friendly and clear display built as a suite of complementary and interconnected modules
- Based on off-the-shelf PC and hardware equipments
Orca system is distributed in Australia exclusively by Applied Infrared Sensing (AIS).
AIS specialises in active infrared and thermal imaging technologies. Their product range includes infrared CCTV and thermal imaging cameras, infrared illuminators and barriers, motion sensors, security fences as well as coastal surveillance systems