The new generation of Koco Elotop compact stud welding equipment recently launched in Europe incorporates powerful features to enhance performance and increase productivity.
Arc stud welders are used for studs of an approximate diameter of 3mm – 25mm. Common applications of arc stud welding include steel construction, boiler construction and shipbuilding.
Elotop welding machines are designed to provide reliability of application in a range of situations with multiple stud welding styles including stud welding with ceramic ferrule, short cycle stud welding and stud welding with shielding gas.
Designed to perform in tough environments, the Elotop arc stud welding machines are suitable for use on building sites for extended and continuous operation.
The digital interface for setting current regulation and microprocessor control ensures optimum welding results even during mains fluctuation, temperature variations and long cables.
Individual job settings can be saved in the 20-setting memory. A re-settable stud counter is also provided to keep count of the number of studs fired in a shift or a day.
All existing Koco stud welding guns can be used with the new machines. Antec also offers adaptors to enable use of US-style accessories on the machines.
Available in six sizes and configurations, the arc stud welding machines include Elotop 502, Elotop 810, Elotop 1010, Elotop 1710, Elotop 2010 and Elotop 3010.
Key features of the new Elotop range:
- Digital interface for accurate setting of current and time parameters to ensure precise, repetitive welds
- 20 memory allocations for storage of individual job settings
- Re-settable stud counter to keep track of studs fired in one day or shift
- Dual lifting points for secure onsite handling
- Intelligent self-diagnosis system increases productivity by minimising machine downtime