KBS Passive fire proofing products stop fires in their tracks and can help to save lives and property. Electrical cables or PVC piping systems are the conduit for most fires in production facilities and warehouses. They are distributed in Australia and New Zealand exclusively by Antec Engineering .
Stopping the spread of fire is paramount to the KBS system. Pre-treatment with KBS fire stopping, fire retarding and fireproofing materials and methods ensures that fires are stopped before they can cause major damage.
KBS manufacture effective, quality assured passive fire protection products, including:
- KBS Panel Seal: Combined with fire retardants, the KBS Panel Seal is used to create a fire-resistant closing of any size of opening in walls or floors, providing a smoke and gas-tight seal around all penetrating utilities such as cables, cable trays, pipes and ducts.
- KBS Pipe Seal: This consists of a round steel casing, supplied in two halves with a heat-expanding intumescent inner shell which prevents heat, smoke or gas from penetrating the plastic pipes.
- KBS Industrial Coating: This is a water-based ablative fireproofing material developed for the fire protection of grouped or bundled electrical cables and penetration seals.
- KBS Caulking (sealant): This is used to seal electrical cables, plastic, steel and copper pipes that penetrate fire-rated walls and floors.
- KBS Fir-A-Flex: Fire protection for linear gaps in walls and ceilings
- KBS Mortar Seal: This is a dry mortar mix with controlled swelling effect to provide a non-shrinking, homogenous and smoke gas-tight fire seal for cable penetration
- KBS Seal bags: Tightly woven, durable fibre-glass cloth seal bags are filled with a combination of mineral fibres, expansion agents and fire retardant additives. Under heat exposure, the bags first seal together, then expand to block any holes and then finally harden into a solid block.