New dust extractor systems developed by Antec Engineering are designed to meet the requirements of new OH&S standards proposed to be implemented in the near future in Australia.
Antec Engineering offers a full range of dust management solutions including dust suppression units, dust-free gunite machines and powered air purifying helmets.
With new national OH&S regulations on their way and Work Safe inspections becoming tougher, dust management has become a critical OH&S issue that cannot be ignored in diverse industrial environments.
Typical problems caused by dust in gunite and dry shotcreting processes include:
- Loss of material and increased stoppages
- Increased expense in consumables
- Worker absenteeism
Antec’s new series of dust extractors is designed to fit over the top of an open hopper and collect fine cement dust particles.
Antec’s advantage over conventional dust extractors is that the dust hood attachment does not obscure the view into the hopper.
Key benefits of Antec’s new dust extractors include:
- Reduced dust in the environment
- Less wastage through overfilling the hopper since the level is always visible
- Less stoppages as the visibility of the hopper ensures a more consistent flow of materials
Antec dust extractor systems are available in two models:
- Advance Dust Extractor: Large volume, high end dust extractor incorporating a GOYEN reverse pulse cleaning system for self-cleaning and a 20-litre waste bin
- Intermediate Dust Extractor: Small capacity dust extractor incorporating Turbo Series Super Duty cartridge filters and a 20-litre waste facility
Dust hood attachments are available to fit all gunite and dry shotcrete machines, and can also be custom-made to suit specific requirements.
John Clare, Antec’s Managing Director says that the increased OH&S requirements may make many existing Gunite machines unusable. Antec dust extractors on the other hand can help protect this significant investment as well as provide potential cost savings through more efficient use of materials.