True-RMS USB power sensor is accurate enough for the lab, fast enough for manufacturing and rugged enough for field applications.
The MA24106A power sensor is a USB power sensor that eliminates the need of a traditional power meter. The MA24106A power sensor is an accurate, stand-alone instrument that communicates with a PC via USB.
The power measurement capability of MA24106A is intended to mimic that of a traditional thermal (thermo-electric) power sensor with a wider dynamic range. Therefore, the MA24106A power sensor is ideal for measuring average power of CW, modulated RF waveforms such as 3G, 4G, OFDM and multi-tone signals.
In other words, the MA24106A power sensor measures true RMS power regardless of the type of the input signal. The presence of a micro-controller along with signal conditioning circuitry, ADC, and power supply in the MA24106A power sensor makes it a complete miniature power meter.
The data display, acquisition and post processing occurs in the PC. The Anritsu power meter application for personal computers and laptops running Microsoft Windows can be used to control and operate the MA24106A power sensor. The MA24106A power sensor is available standard with the product.
Features of the MA24106A power sensor are:
- True RMS measurements over 63 dB dynamic range enables accurate CW and modulated power measurements
- Ready for use in a wide variety of applications, including installation and maintenance of base stations, testing of 3G and 4G devices, cell phones and general purpose RF devices
- High damage power levels and ESD protection circuitry showcases ruggedness and reliability
- Low power consumption (100mA typical) extends laptop battery life
- Presence of signal channel/analogue signal acquisition HW and on-board (frequency as well as temperature) corrections eliminates the need for a reference calibration, simplifying the measurement process and reduction of test time in production
- Light weight, low cost easy to use with a PC or laptop
- 1 year cal cycle