Anritsu offers the MT8222B BTS Master, a new range of next-generation handheld base station analysers that support 4G standards as well as installed 2G/ 3G networks.
The MT8222B handheld analysers combine the inherent advantages of the BTS Master platform with new measurement capability, providing field users with a lightweight instrument that can accurately and quickly measure all the key wireless standards including LTE, WiMAX, WCDMA/ HSDPA, CDMA/ EV-DO and GSM/ EDGE.
The MT8222B BTS Master platform offers a 20MHz demodulation capability that allows these base station analysers to measure LTE and WiMAX signals.
Additionally, the MT8222B features a 30MHz zero span IF output for external demodulation of virtually any other wideband signal.
For comprehensive receiver testing, a Vector Signal Generator option is available that covers 400MHz to 6GHz and can generate two simultaneously modulated signals plus noise.
The handheld analysers also offer spectrum analyser capability, allowing the instrument to operate in a wide frequency range of 150 kHz to 7.1 GHz. Other benefits include:
- Low phase noise of typically -100dBc/Hz @ 10kHz offset
- Low displayed average noise level (DANL) of typically -163dBm in 1Hz RBW
- Wide dynamic range of >95dB in 1Hz RBW
- Conducts two-port cable and antenna analysis from 400MHz to 6GHz accurately
- Makes all key measurements including return loss, cable loss, VSWR and distance-to-fault (DTF)
- Also measures gain, isolation and insertion loss to verify sector-to-antenna isolation
- Spectrum analysis capability typically found in a bench-top instrument
- Several options available to configure analyser to suit specific measurement requirements of any field test application
- Master Software Tools (MST) and Line Sweep Tools (LST) software
Options available for the handheld base station analysers include:
- 140 MHz zero span IF output with 30 MHz IF bandwidth
- GPS receiver that works with the analyser’s standard 3.3/5 V Bias Tee enabling connection to BTS site GPS antennas
- Frequency output and input with 25 ppb accuracy
The MT8222B BTS Master features comprehensive data management and analysis software such as Anritsu’s Master Software Tools (MST) and Line Sweep Tools (LST) that save significant time when generating reports.
Up to a week’s worth of data collected by the MT8222B BTS Master can be consolidated into one file through the MST’s Folder Spectrogram’s 3-D view. Users have one file to view threshold level, zoom and independent 3-axis rotation control.
Designed specifically for the field, the MT8222B BTS Master measures a compact 315mm x 211mm x 94mm, weighs only 4.9kg and is battery operated.
Featuring Anritsu’s field-proven design, the MT8222B BTS Master offers reliable performance in harsh environments.