The 2nd generation S412E LMR Master handheld analysers are lightweight, easy-to-use and battery-operated instruments.
The LMR Master combines complete P25/ NXDN radio test set functionality with a cable and antenna analyser, 2-port network analyser, spectrum analyser, interference analyser and power meter in addition to LTE transmitter measurement capability.
S412E LMR Master handheld analysers can test emerging 700MHz narrow band and broadband digital public safety systems while significantly reducing the number of tools that field technicians and engineers need, saving time and money as well as ensuring accuracy.
Key features of S412E LMR Master handheld analysers:
- Wide frequency range coverage from 500kHz to 1.6GHz
- Can conduct radio transmitter and receiver measurements with antenna, cable, transmission and interference analysis
- CW/ P25/ NXDN signal generator with internally adjustable power from 0dBm to -120dBm
- High-performance, fully functional spectrum analyser
- Excellent DANL of -152dBm makes the instrument ideal for locating low-level signals that can interfere with LMR systems
- Low -100dBc/Hz phase noise allows measurement of P25/ NXDN and NXDN emission masks
- Spectrum analyser coverage can be optionally extended to 6GHz
- High-performance 2MHz to 1.6GHz cable and antenna analyser (extendable to 6GHz) can conduct FDR-based Return Loss and VSWR measurements to accurately characterise antenna systems
- Distance-To-Fault (DTF) measurements easily determine poor connections, contamination, damaged cables and water penetration
- Excellent dynamic range of >100dB allows users to view and adjust the RF performance of critical RF devices
- Dynamic range and fast 850 us/point sweep speed allow for accurate filter transmission measurements
Anritsu has designed the S412E LMR Master handheld analysers to coverage map BER, significantly simplifying coverage drive testing.
P25/ NXDN Tx measurements include received power, frequency error, modulation fidelity, symbol deviation, NAC and BER for 1011Hz and 0.153 test patterns.
BER estimation from voice traffic and BER/MER measurements from control channel traffic can also be performed.
The S412E can accurately measure BER down to -115dBm signal levels to help ensure successful signal transmission even with local interference or multipath. Constellation, histogram and P25/ NXDN control channel hex decodes can be displayed.
A coverage mapping feature allows up to eight hours of BER and RSSI testing to be associated with a GPS location.
Coverage mapping also supports received power and BER for 1011Hz and 0.153 test patterns, BER estimation from voice traffic as well as BER/MER measurement from control channel traffic, along with GPS location and time.
LTE measurement options include transmitter RF measurements to verify correct output power and low out-of-channel emissions.
Modulation measurements help verify that communications meet data rate targets, even at the coverage edge. Over-the-air measurements help verify coverage, inter-cell interference and signal quality without taking the site offline.