AS/NZS 2890.1:2004 has produced significant changes to the physical dimensions of car park wheel stops.
To improve safety by reducing potential trip hazards, the Standard calls for wheel stops to be reduced by up to 200mm in length (1850mm to 1650mm) and to reduce damage to the modern low slung vehicles, the Standard calls for wheel stops to be reduced by 50mm (150mm to 100mm) in height.
Andian Sales has released a new car park wheel stop to accommodate the new standards, a new lightweight recycled plastic version.
The new recycled plastic version wheel stop offers the following benefits:
- Solid moulded construction
- Offers greater durability = would not chip, crack or break
- 80% lighter than concrete = reducing transport costs
- No need for 2 man installation = reduced installation costs
- Has 3 mounting points offering greater stability
- Comes in standard colour of grey
- Dimensions = 1650mm long x 100mm high x 155mm wide
- Specify Andian Wheel Stop PSS-159
- Able to be installed to gravel, bitumen or concrete
Andian Sales specialises in road, traffic and car park safety products (bollards, speed humps, wheel stops, convex mirrors, expandable barriers, queuing systems).