Suitable for heavy duty applications in power utilities, telecommunications and industrial control, the rackmount AC/DC power system is constructed with up to five 1kW plug-in power supply modules assembled in a 4U x 19” x 15” card-frame.
Each 4U x 16HP x 304mm plug-in module has a built-in redundancy diode for parallel connection or N+1 redundant operation including hot-insertion. The redundancy diode also allows for a battery to be connected to the output for back-up purposes.
The fully loaded PFC 419F-5K-4U19 rackmount AC/DC power system delivers a maximum of 5kW or 4kW with N+1 redundancy. Each plug-in module employs a power factor corrected input and a following half-bridge stage to convert the universal AC input voltage (95-264Vac) to 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or 125Vdc.
Key features of PFC 419F-5K-4U19 rackmount AC/DC power systems:
- Custom input/output voltages available
- Modules include a module fail alarm summarised into a single Form C alarm on the shelf motherboard
- Front panel of every module has an output ON LED indicator
- Optional test points for monitoring output voltage and voltage adjustment potentiometers
- Plug-in modules comply with EN/UL60950 and EN61000-3-2 directive for low input harmonic distortion
- Efficiency at full load is typically 80%
- 4300Vdc input to output isolation, output current limiting with short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown with self-resetting
- Two high quality built-in fans on each plug-in module provide cooling