Now available from Amprobe , RTD-10W battery powered digital thermometers utilise RTD sensors to provide higher accuracy measurements than thermocouples, while remaining stable for many years.
Suitable for use in a range of industrial process applications, they feature:
- wireless two-way transmission
- RTD dual input function
- Pt3916/Pt3926/Pt385 RTD standard
- user-selectable °C/°F options
- max/min with elapsed time, AVG, REL, Hhold functions
- warning beeper with hi/lo setting; and a
- resolution of 0.1°C or 0.2°F.
Resistive thermal devices (RTDs), Amprobe notes, are becoming the preferred choice for temperature measurement in precision industrial applications. Rather than generating voltage, as thermocouples do, RTDs generate electrical resistance, which varies linearly with temperature.
This ensures that RTD thermometers can maintain long term stability, allowing for reliable and repeatable measurements to be taken.